Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Miles on Fire Island......

I'm a fan of Miles Redd's style. So it was fun to come across his Fire Island vacation home. This 3,000 sq. foot bungalow is perfectly placed between the bay and the beach. It's completely different than his maximalist style we so often see. His laid back abode is simple and has kept with a number of the original details such as the Malm fireplace and natural cedar walls. It looks to be the perfect escape from his hectic career and lifestyle in NYC. “Even though I will always love beautiful things, I’ve relaxed my hold on them,” Redd says. “At this stage in my life I’m starting to love beautiful space even more.” - I couldn't agree more, with age seems to come this longing for more simplicity in life.....See more details and images of Mile's home here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails