Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thoughts on home...

With Fall approaching, I'm looking forward to focusing some of my energy and time on the inside of my home. Much like the cobbler anecdote, my projects tend to come last. I can't really bare to spend the gorgeous weekends indoors on "home" projects during the summer months. When the weather turns raw and chilly I enjoy focusing on my house!!

This top image shows what I have done so far on my daughter Emerson's room. I had custom pillows made along with Pottery Barn Kids bedding.(PB Kids is having a 60% off  Labor Day Sale) The walls are painted light pink in Clark+Kensington's : Cherry Blossom 03D-1. It is a beautiful pale pink shade. The two images below are of my grandmother's (we called her Memere) bed. She was a very special person and I'm looking forward to using her bed in my daughter's room. Emmi and I chatted about her room this morning and we've decided to paint the bed a pretty yellow shade. I think the rug will be pink and white. Then all I have left to finish up is the artwork framing and selections. I am also adding two display shelves for her favorite books and accessories. I've also relocated an antique pine armoire to her room that didn't work in mine. 


Inspiration photos
I've always had this image in my head. I'll most likely use a yellow shade much like this! I think it will mix well with the bedding but also work with other shades should we (she) decide to change the color scheme later on. (Funny this picture is from Emerson Fry's house. I love her clothing and this sweater for the Fall!)

This bed style is similar. I like the pineapple detail on my Memere's bed though!




1 comment:

Kyle said...

We used a similar pink in my daughter's room called, Anemone. It is very soft and subtle like the C + K one you chose. The bed looks perfect, and I love that it once belonged to your grandmother.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails