Friday, October 21, 2016
Que pasa, lovies and happy Friday! I'm sharing all the "great stuff" that crossed my path this week.
1. Hoping all the feminine details and moments I'm seeing in fashion are a sign of good things to come! Are you jumping on the frilly train? I secretly have a little girl (and an 80 year old woman) in me, so I'm in. This dress is stunning.
2. and so is this top!
3. I've always been in awe of a talented calligraphist! Some day when I have an hour to myself I'm going to enroll in a class or two and try my hand at this wonderful art. Anne Robin is such a talent, see for yourself here.
4. Grace Bonney's latest book, In The Company of Women, beautifully compiles advice, quotes and inspiration from over 100 artist and entrepreneurs. This will be on my gift giving list for sure.
5. I'm currently having some custom storage built for a client. I can't wait to see it installed next week. I lined the top drawers (on her side anyway) with hot pink velvet and we also used lucite and brass pulls - yum! I'll design something like this for myself at some point, I am OVER DUE for a large closet.
6. It's high time for a new watch. I like this one!!
7. I'm an over thinker! I love this thought.
8. THIS amaze coat was on J.Crew recently and now it's already sold out!! I have a thing for soft, fluffy jackets and coats. I own three. J.Crew, please bring this back - it is so FUN! It was on the site yesterday and it's gone today.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/21/2016
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/20/2016
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Occasionally I post a restaurant or bar on Shelter, today is one of those days. Heading South? Love dining al fresco? well then you'll need to look no further than Cecconi's Miami. This uber stylish restaurant is located at the Soho House Hotel. It's on my hit list for sure. They also have locations in West Hollywood (of course), Istanbul and London.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/19/2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
Aside from it being seventy degree's out, I am ready to cozy down for the Fall. This month my color crush is on the rich, sophisticated warm brown shade I refer to as "nutmeg". It is stunning layered with deep and light neutrals and shades of orange.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/17/2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Good Morning, honeys! I don't usually gloat about my birthday but I'll be celebrating mine this weekend. As I creep up in age, I have become more and more of a thinker and I tend to reflect on the ways to make the year ahead better than the last. We all have a mental check list (don't we?) and tops on my list is to continue to grow and learn. I loved The Everygirl's post on the subject.
I've been pinning away, let's take a look: Follow me here on Pinterest.
1. These drapes, that fabric....Via Cowtan and Tout.
2. I could write an entire post on my love of the brand Figue! The prices aren't for the faint of heart but I am over the moon for this blouse! Today is the final day of Shopbop's AMAZING fall sale!
3. I LOVE this sentiment.
4. I am styling and painting for a shoot today, this is the color inspo for our palette. Adoring this arrangement of textural flowers and greens.
5. Mary's instagram account, Happily Grey, is my latest favorite fashion source! Her style speaks to me, it's flawless and has a perfectly, imperfect feel.
6. The best lip gloss ever, it isn't sticky and contains no lead! Yay, that's a win, win. I wear pretty neutral pink shades~
7. I've got to use this fab light fixture in a kitchen soon!!! Any takers?
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/14/2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
I always look forward to Shopbop's amazing fall sale. Their site is a go to for unique, fashionable pieces! Here's a peek at my favorite deals and Fall trends. When you spend up to $500 you get 25% off, $500 or more 30% off! Enter Mainevent16 at check out. HAPPY SHOPPING!! I already have holiday outfits on my mind, do you??
There are sooo many amazing blouses on Shopbop! I could share one hundred with you. Look how fun this is?? I'm also eyeing the Meli Melo bags!
|Torn by Ronny Kobo|
THIS is my favorite but it's almost gone!!
|Meli Melo bag|
Bummer, #4 just sold out, I am loving these too
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/13/2016
Friday, October 7, 2016
Hello Loves! The time I spend reaching out to you all via Shelter means everything to me. The creating keeps me sane, the gathering of images and ideas makes me happy and the writing has gotten me through some of the most challenging moments of my life. I've been so inspired by people's stories, places, moments, spaces and my children lately! Peace out, wishing you all an amazing weekend! I'm off to pack my bag and head up north for a much needed long weekend!! Also, wishing two of the most inspirational, kind, and loving people I know a VERY Happy Birthday!! I love you Mom and Dad. I can't wait to celebrate you this weekend!! xo
1. I feel a sense of calm the moment I cross over the border into Vermont.
2. Tassel earrings? Yes, please.
3. I love layered, neutral interiors as much as colorful ones. The key is to mix and layer textures, pattern and color like David did here. And that tufted french cushion sectional?? Gah, I may need to design one for myself.
4. THIS. (be patient with yourselves too)
5. We just ordered this gorgeous rug for under my client's beautiful grand piano. I've been working on the Buckminster project for some time now. It's going to be out of control when finished!! It has evolved over time, so we've carefully considered every detail.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/07/2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Friday jr. has arrived and after a long week, I'm happy it's here! My family and I are heading up to Vermont this weekend to revel in all the fun fall activities that the season has to offer! We'll be apple picking and pumpkin hunting for sure! Here's the perfect look for an afternoon on the orchard, I'll try to limit myself to one cinnamon donut. xx
*cropped jeans stay tucked into boots well and they're less bulky.
And here's another detail of that amazing scarf. It looked so great on the model, I couldn't pass up sharing the image. This sweater is super cute and comfy too.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/06/2016
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
There is something about french bistro inspired kitchens that speak to me. I am drawn to the strong finishes and graphic quality of the design. I'm especially loving custom brass shelving units. The brass hanging brackets and/or frame work well with both glass and wood shelves.
For a similar look you can also use glass shelving with brass brackets like these three final photos did:
These bottom two images are bananas good!!
Monday, October 3, 2016
I thought I'd start the week off with a powerful punch of color and pattern. I always aim to create ideas for my clients that are fresh, unexpected and haven't been "over-done". I took some time to chill out and read a few magazines this weekend, which is a rare luxury for me. It was a gloomy day, so Colleen Bashaw's (I shared a shot of Baron's Cove a few weeks back) design of this chic beach cottage brightened my day. (it belongs to Anthropologie co founder Scott Belair and his wife Bayne) Take a peek at the unique mix of textiles, tiles, finishes and fabrics. They even glued a sisal rug to the wall. (my cat would be in heaven) I personally couldn't awake to a busy wallpaper but my daughter probably could (bottom two images)! I'm finishing up her room before the holidays! All images via House Beautiful.
|Those brass legs and brackets?? Gorgeous!|
|Purchase this dining chair here.|
|I'm loving this entire room. I would love to use this chair in a ski house!!|
|Their daughter's room.|
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 10/03/2016