I thought I'd share a holiday gift guide today!! Cause who doesn't love to sit at the computer and get some of their holiday shopping done on a lazy Sunday? Here is a round up of some of my favorite beauty products. These are great as presents, grab gifts or even stocking stuffers!! Click on images below to purchase... I'm getting ready to guild the pumpkins, with my kiddies, for my Thanksgiving Day dinner and upcoming photo shoot.
1. My sister bought this BaByliss blow dryer and swears by it, she said it cuts down on frizz and drying time. Her hair looks extra silky lately. I need one!
2. This Dior face powder would make any woman feel like a princess.
3. I also have Baby lips lip glosses with me.
4. I have read that if you use any intense face cream, an eye cream is the one to go with!
5. Nars, super orgasm lip gloss is my go to.
6. My sis gave me this eye shadow set for my B-day. All of the colors work together. It's perfection!
7. Often times people don't buy themselves useful gifts. A really nice powder or blush brush would make a wonderful surprise.
8. I am a moisturizing fanatic, especially in the winter. This handcream both moisturizes and blocks the sun. Yuor hands are one of the first things to age, protect them!!
9. A Butter nail polish set would be a fun gift!
10. This is the scent I wear everyday!! Tocca - Colette. I have tried many but this is by far my favorite. I receive compliments on it all the time!
11. Again, I'm huge on moisturizing. I am due for a mask!
Happy Sunday! I hope it is a relaxing one.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 11/23/2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
|My blog and work is pretty telling, I love color! That however doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation and love of neutrals too. I'm drawn to neutral palettes that include a variety of textures and finishes. Fashion designer, Jenni Kayne's , rustic Los Angeles home is a stunning mix of sculptural objects and sophisticated colors and textures. I would love a textural white window seat like the one she is sitting in. Jenni also has a fashion line of clothing, be sure to check it out here and here. Have a great weekend!! I'm off to gather together more items for my Thanksgiving table and photo shoot next week. I'm excited to see how it turns out!! Images: via PopSugar and One King's Lane.|
|Little buckets are a great place to store crayons, pencils and chalk!|
Thursday, November 20, 2014
|'Tis the season!! It really snuck up on me this year! I'm excited to share all my planned gift guides and I'm also really in the mood to shop for others!! I've started with one of my favorite guides for her, The Classics. You really can't go wrong with this look for most women/girls. It is timeless.|
I consider my style classic with an edge. I, for instant, mix fitted leather pants with classic tops and/or edgy boots with skinny jeans. Add a pair to this gift guide and you're good to go. The jean fit and brand that works with my booty and muscular legs best are Rag and Bone jeans. (photo below) I will never be rail thin because of my body type and I also love to cook and enjoy food too much! As for the gift ideas above, simply click the image below to purchase!! Happy Shopping! I'm excited to plan early and for the holiday season this year!! xx
#4. I live in my quilted riding jacket similar to this one!!! The price is great too!!
#9. PS. The Saint Laurent purse isn't linking correctly. The correct link is here! It's so chic!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
I woke up to a 25 degree morning here in the burbs of Boston. The warm spell was fun while it lasted!! I am now gearing up for the chilly months ahead. Here is what's on my radar this week. I'm big on cozy clothes, homes and welcoming lighting!!
1. I'm loving all the tartan plaid scarfs around this season!! You can't go wrong with plaid this time of the year.
2. I am loving this faux fur hat and the price tag.
3. I'm always trying to keep my hair as shiny and healthy as possible. I want to try this shampoo!
4. Love the idea of a simple vanity set up in lieu of a table or dresser next to the bed.
5. I don't agree with everything Coco did, but I usually love her quotes!
6. Wow, I've got to use this new dandelion light fixture from Remains Lighting.
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 11/19/2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Tory Burch's coffee table book came out last month. I recently purchased a copy for a client. I couldn't resist the cover and the inside is equally as beautiful. It's filled with photos of Tory's influences and is organized by color. Tory explores the meaning of color with gorgeous images of her collections, homes, travels and icons. There are interviews throughout and lots of eye candy to devour. I will be putting this one on my Christmas list!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 11/18/2014
Monday, November 17, 2014
|Eddie Ross via Lonny.|
I am pulling together some of my Thanksgiving table ideas this week. As you know I am hosting and also going to have a photo shoot of the end results! Here are some of my thoughts and favorite ideas. The above image of the table setting is so well executed, I love it!
1. I'm picking up some pretty flowers along with (hopefully) some wheat and magnolia leaves for the setting.
2. I'm going to guild pumpkins with my children this weekend. I'm thinking of partially dipping them instead.
3. I love gold flatware. Similar set here.
4. You can't forget the wine glasses. This PB set is classic with a twist.
5. I love and hope to purchase this Juliska dish-ware someday!! It would be a perfect addition to any holiday table.
6. I purchased a very similar set of vintage Culver glassware for the table. Etsy is a great source for vintage items. It's always nice to mix up your home and table with one of a kind pieces.
7. I will also be using beautiful beeswax candles from creative candles.
It's still not too late to order items for your holiday table!!! I'm looking forward to sharing my table with you all!
Posted by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER at 11/17/2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
TGIF! I've decided I need a bit of sparkle in my life! It seems I've mysteriously developed asthma (have never had it) since I had my Mohs surgery on my nose. Strange? Yes! Annoying, Yes! In any case, I am literally praying it passes and carry an inhaler every where. I certainly have an appreciation for all the poor people who suffer from it?! Awful.
Onto the fun part of the post.....How cute are these sequined pants? You can pair them with virtually any simple top and a pair of sandals. No sandals? You need a pair pronto. They are a closet staple and look fab dressed up or with jeans!! xx - have a great weekend!
Here's a high and low version of the look!!
1. Milly pant
3. Joie gilded sandal
2. Urban Oufitter pant
3. Shutz sandal
Thursday, November 13, 2014
|Lauren Conrad = actress, fashion designer and blogger's home was featured in InStyle magazine a while back. I love the carefree mix of color, texture and vintage finds. And THAT BAR??? To die for! I am in the process of styling my own bar area, don't think vintage glassware with gilded details won't be part of the mix. Lauren is best known for her role in the show, The Hills (2006-2010). She also pens a blog full of beauty, fashion and decor tips. Lauren designs a very chic fashion line, Paper-Crown as well. She's a busy girl....|
Here is a peek inside Lauren's design offices. images via.
Monday, November 10, 2014
I thought I'd kick off the week sharing some of my favorites! I missed last week's post!
Here are the deets:
1. I have a love of all things chinoiserie. This pair of lamps from Target are a great option and price!
2. Charlotte Olympia's kitty shoes are popping up everywhere.....very cute!
3. Banana Republic's updated look is a bit more modern. I'm liking this entire outfit. These items are 40% off today!! use code: brgood
4. Don't forget!
5. I love the idea of a built out room. This little girl's room is both sophisticated and sweet. I'm loving the mix of soft colors.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
|So I have pulled together my Thanksgiving Day recipes! I mentioned last week I'll be sharing a weekly post up until the holiday. I've included all of the saved recipes and my thoughts. I have also pinned them here - under my recipes board.|
I loved this table setting guide breakdown. I'll be going with a basic table setting but adding a water glass too. Enjoy!
|I'm going to try and brine my turkey this year. Recipe here.|
|I am a classic stuffing girl. I actually use a recipe out of my Mother's 1970's copy of Better Homes and Garden's cookbook. It's yummy. I add extra butter.|
|I LOVE sweet potatoes. I thought these sounded like a twist on the traditional holiday veggie.|
|Again, I keep my squash pretty classic with lots of butter and a little brown sugar.|
|My Mom bakes the best rolls ever. I should probably learn the recipe. She also always bakes sticky buns. These look similar to her rolls, they are a blend of sweet and salty. Delish!|
|I've never added chicken broth when I cook my green beans. This year I'm going to try this simple recipe.|
|Home made jellied cranberry sauce. (Recipe below)|
I love both red and white wine and feel either work with Turkey and the array of sides. I've included two of my favorites below. I also aways have a bottle of Apothic Red on hand. I should start buying that by the caseload. I swear it is addicting.